We are delighted to announce our attainment of the ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation for our volumetric calibration laboratory, located at our DWK Life Sciences UK glass manufacturing facility in Stoke-on-Trent.
The awarding of this certification by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) recognises our continuous application of strict quality assurance procedures, for the testing and calibration of DWK Life Sciences’s extensive range of Pyrex® and MBL® branded volumetric laboratory glassware.
To receive this accreditation a laboratory must have demonstrated the highest levels of competency in a number of areas for its calibration procedures including:
- The technical competence of its staff
- The validity and appropriateness of test methods
- The traceability of measurements and calibrations to national standards
- The suitability, calibration and maintenance of test equipment and the quality assurance of test and calibration data
- The calibration and testing environment, and sampling, handling and transportation of test items
The accuracy of volumetric glassware can be critical to the outcome of many experiments or analytical testing. Whilst DWK Life Sciences’s volumetric products already comply with the requirements of a number of product specific ISO quality standards, this new certification offers our customers an additional assurance for the accuracy and precision of our volumetric glassware. All DWK Life Sciences manufactured volumetric glassware will now be tested and calibrated in our ISO/IEC 17025 accredited calibration laboratory.
The attainment of this accreditation will help to further enhance DWK Life Sciences’s position as a leader in the calibration of volumetric laboratory products and the global laboratory glassware market.
If you require any further information get in touch via our contact us page.